1) Obtain an application packet from the Alternative Academy. Have a teacher of your choosing fill out the recommendation form and have your counselor sign off on this form.
2) Fill out the application form, answering all questions. Bring the completed and signed packet, a copy of your transcipt and your attendance report to the Alternative Academy. Also a copy of your driver's license and social security card or birth certificate must be on file. Proof of household income may be required.
3) Once your completed packet is turned in, you will be scheduled for an interview.
4) If the program is an appropriate venue for diploma completion, you will be assigned a space based on availability and need.
5) Following acceptance, you will need to make an appointment with the instructors to discuss curricular needs and scheduling.
6) If you are under 18 and do not live independently, parents or guardians must be present. All documents requested in #2 must be on record at the second appointment for acceptance into this program.
7) Records must be complete to reserve a slot on the waiting list.